Dear Clients, Colleagues and Friends:
We sincerely hope you and your families are staying safe and remaining vigilant during this time of chaos and anxiety.
Our main concern has always been the health and well-being of our visitors, employees and clients. Therefore, effective Wednesday, March 18th, our 3 offices in Houston Greenway Plaza, Clear Lake and Conroe will be closed through April 3rd, at which time we will re-assess our situation and provide further updates.
To assure we do our part to keep everyone safe with as minimal disruption as possible, please be aware of the following:
- The telephones will continue to be answered remotely by our receptionist to receive inquiries from both current and potential new clients. Should you wish to speak with one of our partners, attorneys, or paralegals during this time, please call our normal office number and our receptionist will take a message. You will receive a return call within 24 hours.
- While e-mail will be the preferred method of communication, every client and prospective client will promptly be given the contact number for any attorney or paralegal who is or will be assigned to your case.
- Your case will be handled no differently than it would be if our offices were open. We have previously established methods for our attorneys and staff to work remotely, and our staff is accustomed to being able to serve clients even when they are not physically present in one of our offices. Your complete file will be accessible to us online and available for review by your entire team.
- Please bear in mind that our courthouses are currently closed to all except for emergency cases involving immediate harm to a child or other family members. We will inform you when the courthouse reopens for normal business; however, we anticipate that we will be back to work before the court system is fully functioning.
We sincerely wish we could avoid this action, but the safety of our visitors, clients and employees must be our primary concern at this time. Jenkins & Kamin remains prepared to assist current and potential clients, and their families, as unanticipated and legal issues arise in the coming days and weeks. Below are some helpful links for your reference.
- Seven Guidelines for Parents Who Are Divorced/Separated and Sharing Custody of Children during the COVID19 Pandemic
- Second Emergency Order Regarding the COVID-19 State of Disaster
Jenkins & Kamin remains prepared to assist current and potential clients, and their families, as unanticipated legal issues arise in the coming days and weeks. We look forward to helping you get through this difficult time which has only been heightened by the current COVID-19 crisis. Please know that we will do everything possible to assure that pending and prospective cases move forward as expeditiously as possible, bearing in mind that there are many things that are beyond our control.
Rest assured, the entire Jenkins & Kamin, LLP team is available to discuss your concerns and issues.
Very truly yours,
Joan “Jo” F. Jenkins